Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Friday Friday!

I've really been coming across some lovely links lately (alliteration!) and I'm super happy Friday is finally here so I can share.

This has been floating around Facebook, and it might be my favorite.  25 Common Phrases That You're Saying Wrong.  Read it, memorize it, share it with your friends.

I'm sorry, friends, but I hate The Bachelor and all related shows.  I can't handle it.  This letter a mother wrote to her daughter after watching The Bachelor makes some wonderful points.

This TED talk is fascinating.  Two minutes and you can change the way people think of you and the way you think about yourself.  Look powerful and be powerful. I love when she changes "fake it till you make it" to fake it till you believe it.  Such a great thing.

The Bronte Sisters are awesome.  Check this out in case you have forgotten or never quite enjoyed this enough.

Finally, I am addicted to this Tumblr, Humans of New York.  I can't stop reading it.  This photographer walks around and takes photos of people he sees.  He asks them questions like what's the saddest/happiest you've ever been and what advice would you give a large group of people?  Or people just tell him things unsolicited.


It's sweet and beautiful and kind of heart-breaking.  Have you ever stopped to think about all the things that have happened to all the people around you?  It boggles the mind.  Humans are just beautiful.

No comments: