Thursday, July 10, 2014

TBT: Twins

As becoming a mother of two looms ever closer in my future, I can't help but think about my mom, who went from being a mother of one to being a mother of three when the first one was 15 months old. 
Even more amazing, because it was the 70s and they didn't do ultrasounds, she didn't know that she was having twins until the second baby started coming out. Synchronized heartbeats in babies face to face apparently makes it hard to tell that there's more than one in there.

When I think about all of the transitions we're going to be making in the next couple of months, this one always comes to mind:

I'm in awe, and I'm relieved that it's not me, but I don't think my mom was ever sorry that her life turned out this way (after the initial shock and crying wore off). If this is possible and joyful, I can certainly do two kids. 

Good work, Mom! 

No comments: