Friday, May 17, 2013

It's Friday!

Have you read this precious post from CJane? I love the way she describes her oldest daughter.  I love that her daughter's favorite show to watch is Rescue Bots.  I love that when her daughter finally looks at herself in the mirror, all dolled up, she just giggles with delight.  How often do you look at yourself in the mirror and actually feel giddy about how beautiful you are?  The times are few and far between, but they are so memorable. 

Cara shared this link and it's right up my alley.  A mother says this about her five-year-old daughter, "I wanted her to know the value of these amazing women who had gone against everything so she can now have everything."  Think of how much these photos will mean to her as she grows up. 

I am addicted to the song, You Belong to Me, from The Jerk.  Here's a cover from Zooey Deschanel and Ben Schwartz. Listen to it on repeat for a little bit.  Or just once in real life and then let it be stuck in your head for hours, which is where I may be at right now.



My sister got me this amazing necklace for my 30th (after I maybe pinned it five times).  It is my new favorite inanimate object.  You Are My Sunshine is the song my Grandmother sang to my mom, my mom sang it to us, and it is my favorite song to sing to my nephews. They don't have this version anymore (great timing sister of mine!), but they have this beautiful square version. The other stuff on the site (mimosa by m.e.) is also great.  Other favorites are here, here and here.


And lastly, I'm pretty much down with everything Kacy writes, but I love her posts on Babble.  Especially this one, "Our Favorite Fictional Moms and Why They Could Never Be Real." It's pretty spot on.


No comments: