Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spotlight: Curly Girl Design

I don't normally make it a point to advertise things I like on this blog (mainly because I don't know how to write about it without sounding like a crazy person), but every once in a while something comes to your attention and you just must share. So.

A few months ago I was in a little store in Nashville, IN, and I started looking at these little greeting cards. I was in love with all of them. They all seemed to say something that was both simple and profound - and not terribly cheesy - and they were cute and creative. I stood and read them for about half an hour before I pulled myself away, and then I came back a few months later and bought several - some to give away, some to frame for myself - and last week I took Lin to the store and we both ended up with another handful. But even if you don't want to buy any (which is fine) you should go and look at them, because the message she's sending is truly lovely. You can find her website at http://www.curlygirldesign.com/.

Here are a few of my favorite designs. I had trouble narrowing it down. I'm pretty sure at some point I'll have some of her prints on my wall.












3 comments:

The Shrub said...

I LOVE Nashville, IN! Curly Girl is always a stop for us when we take a Saturday visit there. :)

mkgs said...

I love these! I was about to say especially the one with the cape and tiara, but then I found myself typing "oh, and this one, and this one," and realized that I was going to identify about half of them as ones I "especially" like. Excellent find, my dear, and thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

I have been in love with Curly Girl stuff for years! All of the designs are great and really have good messages and most of the designs have more than one. My favorite one of hers is the girl in the closet putting away clothes with the boy calling her silly and her responding to close his eyes if he doesn't want to see her acting silly.. it's awesome, check it out on her website!