Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Different 10-10-10

Megan, Lindsey and I have all been involved in a 10/10/10 challenge for reading this year: ten books in each of ten different categories, to be finished in 2010. (For the record, it's been a lot of fun, and if you're interested you can check out our progress on this blog.)

But today I was watching Good Morning America and I found out about a different 10-10-10 system, based on the book of that name by Suzy Welch. It's a way to help you make good decisions by asking yourself three questions (or rather, one question in three parts):

What will the impact of this be in... 10 minutes? 10 months? 10 years?

If you think about it, there's very little that this system can't apply to. What college do I go to? Which job should I take? Should I buy this device I saw in a late-night infomercial? If you can envision where your options will take you in 10 months or 10 years, you'll make sure you're giving the issue enough thought and thinking about all the consequences of your decision.

1 comment:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I like that 10-10-10. Gives me something to think about :)