Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday Lovelies

A friend of mine shared a link to this article, Pieces of You, by Walter Kirn on Elle.com and it seemed like an appropriate thing to share.

It is an interesting article, but my feeling after reading it is that he is just skirting around the word "confidence." Be confident in who you are and you will stand out. Embrace your quirks and use them to enhance your image...people will respond.

The article also made me think of a blog I follow, The Sartorialist.

When I see the photos of people on The Sartorialist my mind goes everywhere from, "I love that dress" to "I wish I could pull that look off." But for the most part, it inspires me to focus on buying and wearing clothes that I love. You know, those pieces you try on in the store and can't bear to live without? That life changing pair of jeans or that sweater that goes with absolutely everything else in your closet? It reminds me that my closet should be full of clothes that will always make me feel beautiful...and scarves. You can never go wrong with a scarf.

No comments: