Monday, October 5, 2009

Are You Strong Enough Challenge

Just so all of you out there know we are serious about this challenge, here's a little reiteration. And don't fret, we will be doing it too and writing about it (I will even be starting this challenge in the midst of an illness that makes me feel oh so very less than lovely).

I hope you're not shaking your head in disbelief right now. I know it's hard to believe that something as simple as your thoughts could actually have an effect on your physical appearance, but I promise you it's true, and you can prove it to yourself. Try, for one entire month, thinking nothing but positive thoughts about yourself. If you start to criticize yourself, stop. Literally stop yourself in the middle of the thought, and replace it with something good about yourself. Make lists of things that are fantastic about you and put them in your journal. Write positive notes on your mirror in dry erase marker. Stand in front of that mirror, look yourself in the eyes, and say "I love you. You're awesome. You have a fantastic personality, and people are lucky to know you." Keep up a constant chant in your head saying, "I love my life. I love myself, and everyone I meet loves me too. I deserve the best in everything I do. I am beautiful and wonderful and charming and lovely, and my life is great." Use whatever words you want, but really honestly do it, and I promise you will see a difference.

1 comment:

Heidi Marie said...

ok... Im starting now cause I just barely read this. and im telling my husband so I can have someone to be accountable for. Thanks for your inspiration!!