Monday, December 1, 2014

What's In A Wedding Ring

About three months ago my wedding ring went missing. I have horrible pregnancy brain that left me putting lotion instead of toothpaste on my toothbrush the other day and a very mischievous two year old who loves to hide things and just figured out how to get our heat registers up. Prospects did not look good.

Nevertheless we searched high and low. We took apart our entire house, we searched our yard, we scoped our heating ducts, we were getting ready to rent a metal detector when one day, three months after I lost it- I was looking for a shirt in my drawer that I had emptied and searched through previously when tangled up in one of my shirts, my wedding ring fell out! The best part is that my husband happened to be standing right next to me when I found it and we both got to experience the joy of finding it together.

Now my wedding ring is beautiful and just my style and I love it. But it wasn't the amount of money it cost or the diamond size or clarity that I missed and cried over when I lost it. It was the real cost of my wedding ring. It was the entire summer my at the time boyfriend moved across the country to work his fingers to the bone to save up to buy me a wedding ring. It was every morning that he woke up at 5 a.m. to go to work. It was every night we spent talking on the phone late into the night and the tired guy would fall asleep and ask me in a sudden loud voice if I needed an oil change. It was the way he sacrificed for three months to give me the ring he thought I deserved even when I told him I would be perfectly happy with a ring that didn't require all that. It was the way that when I lost it and told him I would be thrilled with a non-diamond wedding ring he told me he had already called the jeweler to see if they still sold my exact ring. It was the reminder that someone in my life thinks I deserve the very best even if I don't and is willing to work as hard as he possibly can to make that happen. It was the reminder that I chose a partner who makes that same sacrifice for me every day only in different ways, sometimes smaller ways that are just as meaningful, like staying up late to put together a crockpot meal so I don't have to cook dinner the next day.

My wedding ring is the reminder of the person that gave it to me.

And that's why I love it.





1 comment:

albina N muro said...

Tacori wedding bands are perfect for the Tacori couple, and will beautifully enhance a luxurious Tacori engagement ring. wedding rings for women