Friday, October 18, 2013

Links for Fun's Sake!

If you are like me, you cherish hand-written notes from those you care about. A few years ago my mom found her mom's (my grandma's) line-a-day diary from the 1930s and it's wonderful! Technology does a great job of keeping us together, but sometimes it may feel like we lose that personal touch. Cristina Vanko is bringing that personal touch back with her Modern Day Snail Mail project. (Just a heads-up, some of the messages do have some NSFW language but, hey, it sure does look pretty in calligraphy!)


I adore these remakes of classic art--Sesame Street style. The video below shows some featured pieces, but you can check out even more in this article.

If you ever need a smile, just watch this video of these enthusiastic percussionists smiling--complete with choreography and, I'll just call it "unique," bass playing... It's a hoot! Check out more crazy films at the Prelinger Archives website


Running a marathon seems crazy to me--The longest I've ever run continuously was 7 miles. But, if you're going to do something crazy, you might as well go all out. Earlier this month, in the Twin Cities Marathon, one runner did just that



And, to continue the bizarre trend, there's a great Tumblr out there: Brides Throwing Cats. It is exactly what it sounds like... 



I think I could stare for hours at these gifs that show how aging changes our appearance. Fascinating! 




And, last but not least, a little something to make your heart explode from adorableness:

No comments: