Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Of course, in the spirit of the season, you will get a list (we really do LOVE lists!) of some of the things we are thankful to have in our lives. Please feel free to add your own lists* to the comments. Let's all be thankful!

Lindsey

I am thankful for...
  • family and friends
  • Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Macadamia ice cream
  • sweet smelling babies
  • my nephews and niece
  • my creative talents
  • good TV shows (being specific would take another whole list)
  • books and a bookshelf to put them on
  • strawberries (covered in chocolate)
  • creamy soups
  • a new room full of things I love
  • my health (even though it sucks most of the time)
  • music
  • my iPod (Robin Sparkles) and my laptop (Cheese)
  • my mom
  • hot actors to drool over
  • blogs (and the people who read them)
  • parentheses
  • Glee
  • being able to spend so much time with my nephews
  • Google Reader, Facebook, IM, Skype - technology in general
  • Sufjan Stevens singing The Friendly Beasts
  • the camera game
  • Old Navy and Target
  • my sister and brother-in-law and the support they give me
  • children's programming that doesn't make me want to smash my head into the wall

Miri

I am thankful for...

Mike, my cute husband. Living close to family. Having brand new nieces and nephews. Contact lenses. Reusable shopping bags. Planes that let us cross the country in a few hours. Owning a car. Living close to where I work. Having my personal library at home. Libraries. Free wi-fi connections at bookstores. Slip-on shoes (because I hate tying shoelaces). Kitchen appliances that make cooking easier. Fully cooked bacon from the store. My laptop. Mike being able to play the guitar. DVD players. Friends, roommates... countrymen... That I got to go to college. Comfy blankets. Board games and people to play with. Sunday dinner with family. Digital cameras. Facebook. BBC movies and mini series. Cell phones that can use the internet. Comfortable jeans. Flat-irons. Half-Price Books. Online banking (for what it's worth, which isn't all that much if we're being honest). Disposable diapers. The Food Network. The holidays, especially Christmas. Disney movies. Blogger, for making blogging easy. Cute earrings. Music. My iPod. Shoes. Sweaters. Fall, my favorite season of the year. Dishwashers, microwaves, washers and dryers. Musicals. Wal-Mart being open 24 hours a day. Books!


Megan

I am thankful for...
  • Cell phones, Skype, IM, Facebook, and blogs for keeping me in touch with my family and friends while I'm in the wilds of Indiana.
  • Cards from my mom (this time Thanksgiving dinner aids)
  • my parents, brothers, sisters-in-law, nephews and nieces
  • My church and my branch.
  • the BBC (yeah, Miri already said it, but I'm currently watching Rupert Everett as Sherlock Holmes, and I feel great about it)
  • cook books and cooking blogs
  • Bloomington, especially now that the square is full of Christmas lights, but also when the leaves were in full color and when it was warm enough to go to the lake.
  • My amazing roommates, past and present.
  • NPR, particularly Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, This American Life and All Songs Considered.
  • Stella (my car).
  • The National, Andrew Bird, Damien Rice, Paul Simon, Bon Iver.
  • America's Next Top Model, for making me laugh.
  • Good movies. Old movies. Stadium seating in theaters. Popcorn.
  • Indian food, sushi, Wendy's.
  • The Office. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
  • Gregory Peck, Paul Newman. Jimmy Stewart.
  • A job, especially one where I get to work with my brother.
  • SLIS.
  • Lee Pace/Pushing Daisies.
  • Springform pans and subsequently cheesecake.
  • Mountains. England. Oh, how I miss them.
  • Shakespeare, especially in performance. Tom Stoppard.
  • Opera, especially Mozart.
  • French toast, waffles, omelets. The Cyber Cafe with its life-giving danishes and pumpkin-cream cheese muffins.
  • Jane Eyre.
  • Billy Collins, T.S. Eliot, Emily Dickinson.
  • Book club, British Sunday, dinner group, Institute choir.
  • Pie, our kitchen, the upcoming holiday and the people I have to spend it with even though I can't go home.
  • That I'll be going home very soon.

*It may go without saying, but these lists are in no particular order. I promise you all we are more thankful for our mothers than we are for technology, ice cream and contact lenses.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I totally put Pushing Daisies on my thankful list!!! I am completely in love with Lee Pace :)